Thursday, October 20, 2011

MEET THE HOT MOMMAS

Fit and Fabulous Bios
These women are all members of our inspirational forum of women known as The Hot Mommas ~ Fit and Fabulous Online Fitness Group. We work together to find healthy lifestyle inspiration through working on missions, sharing ideas, struggles and success! This Blog is a continual post that creates teamwork, inspiration and camaraderie.  It allows us to get to know each of the Hot Mommas personally. Many of us have a lot in common and yet we are all so beautifully unique in various ways.  Thank you to each of the wonderful ladies who have provided her lovely biography and her own motivational words.
Sarah Swann
I'm married to an amazing Air Force Officer and we're living in Tucson, Arizona for the time being.  Loving the area, but not the weather!  I have two beautiful daughters, Caylan who's 3 and Layla who's 2 months...which is why I joined The Hot Mommas...baby weight!  I'm working out at a gym with an amazing personal trainer and I love having Jenn as an inspiration and motivator as well.
I was in the best shape of my life on my wedding day because I worked out and ate well.  I did the work.  Now, I gotta do the work again.  I probably can't get that exact body again (hello - babies), but I'm determined to get as close to it as I can.  I'm really struggling with food.  After being pregnant, it's hard to change how you eat, but I'm working on it.  I'm also extremely impatient.  I tend to get discouraged if I don't lose 10 pounds the first day.  I'm working on that too. 
A tip I have to just NEVER GIVE UP!  I've spent the past almost 9 years starting and stopping and giving up eventually.  Don't let yourself down.  You can do it!
Summer Kervin
Bio:  25 years old, wife to an US Air Force Master Sergeant, mother to a 7 month old, reside in Montana, a southern girl at heart from South Carolina, love the Lord and my family, a nursing student (on temporary hiatus since having a baby), love knitting and crocheting, Mary Kay consultant (check out my website, haha!)
Accomplishments in the past 6 weeks:  Have lost almost 10 pounds since starting the Hot Mommas group, some diet changes
Struggles:  I'm a snacker.  I love salty snacks and they've been hard to cut back on.  And I don't like eating my vegetables, haha!  And I tend to have a lazy streak in me sometimes.  If I don't feel like I have to workout, I probably won't do it.  Been trying to work this attitude out of me.
Future goals:  I still have 20 pounds I want to lose and some diet changes to make and stick to.
Motivational tips:  Get a friend/buddy/spouse to workout with you.  It's so much easier if you have someone doing it with you.  My husband (a physical training instructor) made me do an arm workout last night, haha!

Ashley Rundhaug
A little bit about me… I met my husband, Nick, almost 10 years ago.  We had our first baby girl, Lyla, last December.  I can't believe how quickly she's growing up!  I joined this group to help me get back into shape and stay on track.  I've really enjoyed the last 6 weeks.  It's been nice having weekly goals, and being accountable for them.  My biggest fitness struggle is motivating myself to actually go to the gym.  I have finally made the decision that I just need to do it, and I've been doing much better.  My goal is to go to the gym 4 times a week and to keep trying out new workouts so I don't end up in a rut.  Plus, it keeps it exciting!  I have also started keeping a gym journal where I record what I did.  It's been very rewarding looking back through and seeing all of my hard work! 
 Katie Fredrick
I am going on 30 and the mother of three beautiful boys, Carter, 3 1/2 Logan 2 and Elliot 9mo. I am an Air Force wife and we are currently stationed at Robins AFB in Georgia. I am a licensed Veterinary Technician but I haven't practiced in several years as my kids took over my career.
Fitness Goals: My goal is to get down to 21% body fat by working out consistently. I hope to build muscle in my arms and tone my lower body. I will also maintain a healthy diet focusing on higher protein intake and little to no processed grains as per the Primal diet.
Accomplishments: I successfully started the P-90X series with my husband, and started taking a dance class once a week. I also periodically go to a "friends walk"  on the base 5k trail.
Struggles: Staying focused!!! P-90x turned out to be a struggle to do after the kids were in bed. The workouts were all an hour- and hour and a half and maintaining that schedule every night and getting up with the kids in the morning was too much for me to stay motivated. Oddly I feel like having a workout buddy made it harder since I had to work with their schedule too. With the kids and my fluxing energy levels during the day I do better fitting in a workout when I can or just taking the kids for a walk in the morning, versus waiting for my husband to get home in the evening. I love the idea of my husband encouraging me and supporting my goals and vice-versa but I think having someone who has the same schedule as you is key. The water drinking was also a challenge. If I don't conciously think about it I barely drink half what I'm supposed to and it all too easy to just eat what the kids are eating instead of putting the effort in to make more than one healthy meal a day.
I'm not sure if I should be giving motivational tips since that is clearly my biggest problem. As to my future goal it is simply to make a few adjustments and get back on track!! Wiping the slate clean and moving on is the only way to stay positive and motivated. I learned a lot about what doesn't work for me, now I can come up with something more effective and continue moving towards my goals. 
Renee Humpal
This Hot Momma lives in: Shreveport, LA
My Occupation: Currently a stay at home mom and previously worked as a speech-language pathologist
One of My Fitness/Health Goals: get back to my pre-pregnancy weight
Something Special About Me: I have 2 kids: a 3 year old and an infant.
Ann Van
This hot mama currently lives in Bossier City. I am a brand new mommy that is on maternity leave from working at the Shreve-Memorial library. My fitness goal is just to be healthy and on shape. I'm not obsessed with numbers, just want to feel good and live a long and healthy life. I do have a goal of competing in either a Warrior Dash or 5k early next year. I love being a military wife and my role as a new mom, I'm also a home body and love cooking and gardening. :)
Jennifer Hooe-Rollman
This Hot Momma lives in: Mobile, AL
My Occupation: Chemist
One of My Fitness/Health Goals: lose 40 lbs
Something Special About Me: I'm a pretty good belly dancer... I hope...
Wyrene Ramirez
This Hot Momma lives in: Bossier City, LA
My Occupation: job hunting as we speak!
One of My Fitness/Health Goals: prevent hypertension and diabetes
Something Special About Me: I am a go getter.
Jessi Gilman
This Hot Momma lives on Barksdale AFB, LA.
My Occupation: Homeschooling Mom of two for now, but hope to go back to work in the education field next year. :-)
One of My Fitness/Health Goals: To loose at least 30 lbs and keep it off. I've lost 15-20 lbs in the past and then gain it back when I slack off. I need to stop the slacking off. I do best when I have a consistent workout schedule, but that isn't always possible with all the things going on around my household! LOL
Something Special About Me: I think I might like Legos more than my 7 year old! :-)
Gina Vina
This Hot Momma lives in: Carlsbad, CA
My Occupation: Full time Momma right now
One of My Fitness/Health Goals: More energy and increased strength, physically and emotionally
Something Special About Me: I am a native San Diegan
Courtney Killian
This Hot Momma lives in: Bossier City, LA
My Occupation: Stay at home mom/Zumba Instructor/AF Reservist
One of My Fitness/Health Goals: Lose the last 8 baby lbs/train & complete a Marathon on Dec. 4 (if my foot cooperates!)
Something Special About Me: I love Jesus!
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR BIO
If you would like to submit, edit or remove your bio + pic, add please email hotmommasfitandfab@gmail.com .
This blog will be updated as new entries are received.

Would you like to be an OFFICIAL member of The Hot Mommas ~ Fit and Fabulous Online Fitness Group?  This is a Free Online Forum of women who share our love of fitness, struggles and success. We work together to stay on the path to a healthy lifestyle!  Email hotmommasfitandfab@gmail.com to be put on the official roster to receive updates, print outs, etc.

ALSO Follow the Fun on Facebook ~ LIKE our Page http://www.facebook.com/hotmommasfitandfab




No comments:

Post a Comment